White and red wines: the best of the Umbrian tradition
Our portal offers a wide and varied offer of the best products of the Umbrian land that are grown without adding any chemical, pesticide or fertilizer but only with natural ingredients, lots of love and passion. In the section dedicated to wines we reserve ample space for the native products of Umbria that represent the pride of our region. Our customers can freely roam in the various areas of the site with the feeling of actually being in a cellar thanks to the very detailed description of the aromas and flavors of the wines. Each product is in fact accompanied by a card that illustrates its characteristics, the type of vinification, the possible combinations, etc.
Rosso di Montefalco
Rosso di Montefalco is a red wine produced south of the province of Perugia from Sangiovese grapes (60-70%), Sagrantino grapes (15%) and other indigenous grapes (up to a maximum of 30%). Generally an aging of at least 18 months is foreseen starting from November 1st of the year of production. If the aging goes on further, Rosso di Montefalco Riserva is obtained. The best vintages of Montefalco rosso DOC are: 1998, 2000, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012.
Organoleptic properties of red Montefalco:
- color: intense, intense, bright ruby red with violet reflections;
- perfume: fruit with notes of cherry, blackberry, vanilla and black pepper;
- flavor: full-bodied, fresh and balanced on the palate;
- consistency: dry softness with a sweet finish that surprises the taste buds.
Sagrantino di Montefalco Dry
Sagrantino di Montefalco is one of the most famous wines of Umbria as it reflects the most true and natural aromas, flavors and aromas of this land. It is produced in the hills of Montefalco and Bevagna, taking advantage of the perfect combination of factors such as climate, territory and the passion of Umbrian winemakers. The dry Montefalco Sagrantino is produced 100% from Sagrantino grapes and provides for an aging period of at least 33 months, of which 12 in oak barrels. The best vintages of dry Sagrantino di Montefalco are: 2007, 2008 and 2012.
Organoleptic properties of Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCG:
- color: when young it is very intense dark ruby, while aging tends to garnet;
- perfume: notes of black cherry, berries, earth, red flowers and star anise;
- flavor: dry and harmonious with excellent persistence;
- consistency: full and wide with a tannic but seductive texture.
Sagrantino di Montefalco Passito Sweet
The Sagrantino di Montefalco passito is produced in the province of Perugia and contains the essence of the rural life of Montefalco. Once upon a time the Sagrantino grape was used only for the realization of this sweet wine, drunk during ceremonies and religious festivals in the villages of the area. Sweet Sagrantino di Montefalco ages for 30 months as follows: 12 months in French oak barrels, 12 months in steel and 6 months in bottle. The wine has great evolutionary capabilities in the bottle where it can be refined for many years significantly improving. The best vintages of this wine are: 2014 and 2017.
Organoleptic properties of the Sagrantino di Montefalco raisin:
- color: intense ruby red with garnet hues;
- aroma: hints of ripe fruit with notes of jam, dried plum, cherry, typical spices of the vine, cinnamon and vanilla;
- flavor: ample with great structure, long aromatic persistence with tannic finish supported by a pleasant sweetness.
- consistency: sweet, warm, soft and intense.
Grechetto of the Martani hills
The Grechetto dei colli martani is a white wine produced in the province of Perugia and the vineyards are cultivated with biodynamic techniques. The processes are aimed at increasing the humus through green manure and biodynamic preparations for the soils, therefore no synthetic chemical is used. The grapes are harvested by hand and then fermented with spontaneous yeasts. The wine ferments and ages in steel with a 3-month rest on the lees, after which it rests for another 3 months in the bottle. The best vintages of Colli Martani DOC Grechetto are 2016 and 2017, which have also received important international awards.
Organoleptic properties of the Grechetto of the Martani hills:
- color: straw yellow with greenish reflections;
- perfume: fine and delicate, with a rare elegance that expands on fruity and floral notes;
- flavor: structured and fresh with rich aromas and splendid varietal nuances.
- consistency: significant and full.
At Agricola Locci we aim to offer our customers a quantitatively and qualitatively very wide offer to satisfy all tastes and satisfy the most refined and demanding palates. We offer only the products that best embody and represent the flavors, smells and aromas of the Umbrian land with the utmost naturalness and genuineness. Every sip of Umbrian wine will be a plunge into the history and tradition of Umbria in a high-quality food and wine itinerary where you can indulge in the pleasures of the table by tickling and teasing the taste buds. Our e-commerce is structured in different areas to facilitate the navigation of users who can easily choose the favorite products accompanied by a technical sheet that illustrates the main features: from production to ingredients up to the most suitable combinations.