Red Wine of Montefalco DOC
The Red Wine of Montefalco DOC from Agricola Locci is a typical wine made with local grapes such as Merlot, Sangiovese and Sagrantino.
- Harvesting system
- By hand-picked
- Ruby red
- Sangiovese 70%, Sagrantino 15%, Merlot 15%
- Grape harvest
- It begins in September with Sangiovese and Merlot and it ends in October with Sagrantino
- On the nose
- Wild berries, wild flowers, with light hints of nutmeg
- To the taste
- It is dry, balanced and with the right contrast to the tannins
- Ideal with a selection of cold cuts and cheeses, pasta dishes and roast meat
- Serving temperature
- 16-18 C °
Red Wine of Montefalco DOC is a wine appreciated by the entire wine and food criticism as its balance and its aromas make it an easy seducer.
Obtained from the processing of local grapes such as Merlot, Sangiovese and Sagrantino, it is aged in steel barrels and then spent short periods in oak barrels.
Its elegance on the palate and its hints of red fruits make it easily combined with both Umbrian cold cuts and cheeses as well as main courses of red meat such as fillet and chianina cut.