Sagrantino of montefalco sweet DOCG
Sagrantino di Montefalco Passito DOCG is a sweet wine made thanks to the processing of dried Sagrantino grapes to increase the sugar content.
- Harvesting system
- By hand-picked
- Intense ruby red tending to garnet
- 100% Sagrantino
- Grape harvest
- End of September. Grapes drying in single-layer boxe for about two months
- On the nose
- Perceptible sweetness, with notes of strawberries, blackberries and vanilla
- To the taste
- Sweet and soft; the tannins make the sugar balanced, giving freshness to the palate
- Ideal with the typical Umbrian biscuits "Tozzetti", excellent with dry pastries and pies
The Sagrantino of Montefalco sweet DOCG is born from the peasant tradition of Montefalco, since since decades in time of harvest, the best bunches were selected and left to dry on racks.
This careful operation allows for a greater quantity of natural sugars during the pressing phase, so as to have at the end of the maturation a wine with an accelerating aroma, as well as this typical sweet note.
Its complexity and elegance gives us the opportunity to combine it with both typical Umbrian cheeses and dry pastries, such as the traditional tozzetti, typical Montefalco biscuits.